Tungsten Rings – Its Advantages and Disadvantages
In this era, as the time is passing, beauty accessories are gaining more and more importance. You may be thinking of it being natural to women, but these beauty accessories have even reached the world of men. You may see almost every adult male wearing a necklace, or at least a ring. Tungsten rings have recently hit the market and are getting more and more popular. The reason behind this is that they are strong, durable (since tungsten is an alloy) and are available in a variety of designs.
You may also want to own one, but do you know the advantages of these rings? Well, if you do not, you have come to the right article. In this article, you will get to know about the advantages and disadvantages of these tungsten rings.
· Are strong and durable: Tungsten is an alloy which gives it some special features. One of its characteristic is that it is very strong and durable. Because of this, these rings do not bend under any circumstances. They are also scratch-resistant, i.e., scratches cannot come on them very easily. Moreover, they also do not lose their attractive lustre very easily. These make these rings highly popular among those men who have to do heavy-duty work in their jobs. Thus, these rings appear to be brand-new, no matter who uses them.
· No allergic reactions: If you have a sensitive skin, this ring is best for you. Do you want to know why? This is because these rings have a nature of being hypoallergenic. Thus, they are unlikely to cause an allergic reaction on your skin.
· No maintenance charge required: As mentioned earlier, tungsten rings do not lose their lustre for a long time when polished. This reduces their maintenance charge to about zero. You can compare this to the maintenance charges of the gold, silver and platinum rings, which require regular polishing to be done.
· Are inexpensive: Tungsten is an alloy that can be made very easily as compared to mining of gold, silver or platinum. This makes it an extremely inexpensive element. Thus, you can afford tungsten rings very easily.
· Are heavy: Although tungsten rings are very strong and durable, they are really very much heavy, thus making you feel a bit uncomfortable when you wear it for a long time. This drives more and more people to buy titanium rings instead of those of tungsten because titanium rings are quite light and also have characteristics similar to those of tungsten rings.
· Hard to engrave on: Since these rings are very hard, it becomes very hard to engrave on them. This makes it difficult to engrave on them in a traditional way. You need to take help of lasers to engrave on them.
· Does not give the royal look: If you are seeking for a royal look, this ring is not meant for you. If you have a bit high budget, you will probably prefer gold and platinum rings over tungsten rings, for they do not give that so-called royal look to you. However, this is not a good reason for rejecting them.
· Cannot be re-sized: As tungsten is a very hard metal, you cannot resize these rings. If you experience size problems, you would have to replace your ring with a new one.
Click here to read more about it.